Question

Souter Oil Corporation, which distributes gasoline products to independent gasoline stations, had $480,000 of cost of goods sold in January. The company expects a 2.5 percent increase in cost of goods sold during February. The ending inventory balance for January is $40,000, and the desired ending inventory for February is $50,000. Souter pays cash to settle 60 percent of its purchases on account during the month of purchase and pays the remaining 40 percent in the month following the purchase. The accounts payable balance as of January 31 was $38,000.

Required
a. Determine the amount of purchases budgeted for February.
b. Determine the amount of cash payments budgeted for inventory purchases in February.



$1.99
Sales0
Views64
Comments0
  • CreatedFebruary 07, 2014
  • Files Included
Post your question
5000