Question: Suppose that a learning algorithm is trying to find a
Suppose that a learning algorithm is trying to find a consistent hypothesis when the classifications of examples are actually random. There are u Boolean attributes, and examples are drawn uniformly from the set of 2n possible examples. Calculate the number of examples required before the probability of finding a contradiction in the data reaches 0.5.
Answer to relevant QuestionsSuppose that an attribute splits the set of examples E into subsets E i and that each subset has p, positive examples and n negative examples. Show that the attribute has strictly positive information gain unless the ratio ...Would a probabilistic version of determinations be useful? Suggest a definition.Two statisticians go to the doctor and are both given the same prognosis: A 40% chance that the problem is the deadly disease A. and a 60% chance of the fatal disease B. Fortunately, there are anti-A and anti-B drugs that ...Construct a support vector machine that computes the XOR function. It will be convenient to use values of 1 and —1 instead of I and 0 for the inputs and for the outputs. So an example looks like ([—1. ii, 1) or ([—1, ...Consider the problem of separating N data points into positive and negative examples using a linear separator. Clearly, this can always be done for N = 2 points on a line of dimension d = 1, regardless of how the points are ...
Post your question