The Congressional Budget Office estimates that if the economy continues
The Congressional Budget Office estimates that if the economy continues to grow at the current rate, there is a 95% probability that the federal defcit will be eliminated without raising taxes within the next 5 years. If the economy slows, that probability drops to 30%, but if it accelerates, the probability increases to 99%. Economists generally agree that there is a 60% chance that the economy will continue to grow at the current rate, a 25% chance that it will slow, and a 15% chance that it will accelerate. Use this information to estimate the likelihood that the federal defcit will indeed be eliminated without new taxes within fve years.
Membership TRY NOW
  • Access to 800,000+ Textbook Solutions
  • Ask any question from 24/7 available
    Tutors
  • Live Video Consultation with Tutors
  • 50,000+ Answers by Tutors
OR
Relevant Tutors available to help