The following events apply to The Ice Cream Parlor for the 2013 fiscal year:
1. The company started when it acquired $20,000 cash from the issue of common stock.
2. Purchased a new ice cream machine that cost $20,000 cash.
3. Earned $36,000 in cash revenue.
4. Paid $21,000 cash for salaries expense.
5. Paid $6,000 cash for operating expenses.
6. Adjusted the records to reflect the use of the ice cream machine. The machine, purchased on January 1, 2013, has an expected useful life of five years and an estimated salvage value of $5,000. Use straight-line depreciation. The adjusting entry was made as of December 31, 2013.
a. Record the events in general journal format and post to T-accounts.
b. What amount of depreciation expense would The Ice Cream Parlor report on the 2014 income statement?
c. What amount of accumulated depreciation would The Ice Cream Parlor report on the December 31, 2014, balance sheet?
d. Would the cash flow from operating activities be affected by depreciation in 2014?