Question: The following table gives the sales product cost and
The following table gives the sales, product cost, and cost-to-serve data for a merchandising store. The store has four types of merchandise and three types of customers.
The costs to serve all customers is $140,000 and is allocated to customer types based on the number of units sold.
1. Determine the gross profit margin percentage of sales for each product. Which product is the most profitable?
2. Determine the gross profit margin percentage of sales for each customer type.
3. Determine the cost-to-serve percentage of sales for each customer type.
4. Which customer is the most profitable?
5. Prepare a chart similar to Exhibit 12-18 on p. 503 that shows the customer gross margin percentage and cost-to-serve percentage for the three customers. Recommend a strategy for profit improvement for eachcustomer.
Answer to relevant QuestionsYakima Vineyards buys grapes from local orchards and presses them to produce grape juice for wine making. The pulp that remains after pressing is sold to farmers as livestock food. This livestock food is accounted for as a ...Based on a study of operations at TCS, it was determined that “number of orders” was a better cost-allocation base for the order processing and customer service activities. The cost of the resources used by these two ...Distribution Solutions, Inc., (DSI) is a regional distributor providing logistical support for merchandisers over a tristate area. Its distribution centers have been profitable until recently. DSI provides logistics ...Suppose a company uses machine hours as a cost-allocation base for factory overhead. How does the company compute a budgeted overhead application rate? How does it compute the amounts of factory overhead applied to a ...Suppose a manager is paid a bonus only if standard absorption-costing operating income exceeds the budget. If operating income through November is slightly below budget, what might the manager do in December to increase his ...
Post your question