Question

The Lenovo Refurbishing Center repairs used laptops that are returned under warranty.
• The center receives and processes, on average, 200 lap tops per day.
• All laptops are tested upon receipt: 30% are immediately rejected, and the remaining 70% are sent to the refurbishing area.
• On average, there are 21 laptops in the testing area waiting or being worked on.
• On average, there are 16 laptops in the refurbishing area waiting or being worked on.


a. What is the average throughput time for all lap tops entering the system?
b. What is the average throughput time for a lap top that goes through both testing and refurbishing? Suppose Lenovo wants this time to be less than one day. Is the current system meeting this performance goal? Justify your answer.



$1.99
Sales1
Views204
Comments0
  • CreatedApril 10, 2015
  • Files Included
Post your question
5000