Question: The number of fires occurring during a 24 hour day
The number of fires occurring during a 24- hour day follows a Poisson distribution with a mean of 4 fires per day as shown in the accompanying table. In examin-ing past records, the fire chief finds that 75 percent of all fires require only one truck and the amount of time required to extinguish a fire is normally distributed with a mean of 3 hours and a standard deviation of 0.5 hour. The other 25 percent of reported fires required 2 trucks and the time to put them out is normally dis-tributed with a mean of 4 hours and a standard deviation of 1 hour. Assume the district has 10 trucks and use a simulation sample of 10 days to determine the average daily utilization of trucks.
Answer to relevant QuestionsElectronic Car Group ( ECG), a firm specializing in the diagnosis of automo-bile engine problems, is planning to open a new service center with two diag-nostic bays. Based on the experience at other ECG facilities, it has ...Sea Dock, a private firm, operates an unloading facility in the Gulf of Mexico for supertankers delivering crude oil for refineries in the Port Arthur area of Texas. Records show that, on average, 2 tankers arrive per day, ...1. Assume the waiting lines at the receptionist, the nurse clinician, and the doctor are managed independently with a FCFS priority. Using queuing formulas and the assumption that patients exiting from an activity follow a ...In September 2013, there were 1,035 checking- account customers at a neigh-borhood bank. The forecast for September, which was made in August, was for 1,065 checking- account customers. Use an a of 0.1 to update the forecast ...Prepare a spreadsheet model for the ferry passenger data in Table 14.5 , and recal-culate the forecasts using an a of 0.3 and a g of 0.2. Has this change in the smooth-ing constants improved the MAD?
Post your question