Through your financial services firm, Vestin Capital, Incorporated, you have raised a pool of money from clients. You intend to invest it in new business opportunities. To prepare for this endeavor, you decide to answer the following questions.
1. What are some of the challenges of financing entrepreneurial growth companies?
2. What are the different types of venture capital funds?
3. What are some choices for organizing a venture capital firm?
4. In what ways should a venture capital firm structure its investments?
5. Should venture capital firms use convertible securities?
6. What are some of the exit strategies that may be available to a venture capital firm?