Question: What effect does the value of the smoothing constant have
What effect does the value of the smoothing constant have on the weight given to the past forecast and the past observed value?
Answer to relevant QuestionsWhat is implementation, and why is it important?Ray Bond, from Problem 1-15, is trying to find a new supplier that will reduce his variable cost of production to $15 per unit. If he was able to succeed in reducing this cost, what would the break-even point be?Give an example of a good decision that you made that resulted in a bad outcome. Also give an example of a bad decision that you made that had a good outcome. Why was each decision good or bad? Using the DJIA data in Problem 5-37, use exponential smooth with trend adjustment to forecast the opening DJIA value for 2011. Use ( = 0.8 and ( = 0.2 Compare the MSE for this technique with the MSE for the trend line. ...Find ((2) for Problem 15-24.Information from 15-24 for finding ((2)Store 1 currently has 40% of the market; store 2 currently has 60% of the market.In each period, store 1 customers have an 80% chance of returning; 20% of ...
Post your question