Refer to P 2-3 and complete the following steps: In P 2-3 Pastina Company sells various types of pasta to
Refer to P 2-3 and complete the following steps:
In P 2-3
Pastina Company sells various types of pasta to grocery chains as private label brands. The company's fiscal year-end is December 31. The unadjusted trial balance as of December 31, 2018, appears below.
Information necessary to prepare the year-end adjusting entries appears below.
1. Depreciation on the office equipment for the year is $10,000.
2. Employee salaries and wages are paid twice a month, on the 22nd for salaries and wages earned from the 1st through the 15th, and on the 7th of the following month for salaries and wages earned from the 16th through the end of the month. Salaries and wages earned from December 16 through December 31, 2018, were $1,500.
3. On October 1, 2018, Pastina borrowed $50,000 from a local bank and signed a note. The note requires interest to be paid annually on September 30 at 12%. The principal is due in 10 years.
4. On March 1, 2018, the company lent a supplier $20,000 and a note was signed requiring principal and interest at 8% to be paid on February 28, 2019.
5. On April 1, 2018, the company paid an insurance company $6,000 for a two-year fire insurance policy. The entire $6,000 was debited to insurance expense.
6. $800 of supplies remained on hand at December 31, 2018.
7. A customer paid Pastina $2,000 in December for 1,500 pounds of spaghetti to be delivered in January 2019.
Pastina credited sales revenue.
8. On December 1, 2018, $2,000 rent was paid to the owner of the building. The payment represented rent for December 2018 and January 2019 at $1,000 per month.
1. Enter the unadjusted balances from the trial balance into T-accounts.
2. Post the adjusting entries prepared in P 2-3 to the accounts.
3. Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
4. Prepare an income statement and a statement of shareholders' equity for the year ended December 31, 2018, and a classified balance sheet as of December 31, 2018. Assume that no common stock was issued during the year and that $4,000 in cash dividends were paid to shareholders during the year. The $4,000 reduction in cash and in retained earnings is reflected in the unadjusted trial balance amounts. That is, the retained earnings balance at the beginning of the year was $28,500.
5. Prepare closing entries and post to the accounts.
6. Prepare a post-closing trial balance.
Balance sheet is a statement of the financial position of a business that list all the assets, liabilities, and owner’s equity and shareholder’s equity at a particular point of time. A balance sheet is also called as a “statement of financial...
This problem has been solved!
Step by Step Answer: