Directions: Follow the instructions in Part A, Part B, and Part C to complete the assignment. Part A Directions: State whether or not (3, -2) is a solution to the following systems. 1. x 2y = 7 and 2x
Directions: Follow the instructions in Part A, Part B, and Part C to complete the assignment.
Directions: State whether or not (3, -2) is a solution to the following systems.
1. x – 2y = 7 and 2x + 3y = 0
2. – x – y = - 5 and 3x – 4y = 17
3. x + y = 1 and x – y = 6
Directions: Fine the solution of the ordered pairs for the following systems.
4. 2x + y = 5 and x + y = 6
5. 1/2x + 2y =3 and x + y = 6
6. 2x + 2y = 4 and 2x – y = 4
7. 2y = x – 4 and –x –y = 3
8. y = -1/2x – 2 and -2x – y = 3
9. y = -1/2x – 2 and 2x – y = 4
10. 3x – y = 2 and –y = 4x + 2 =
11. 1/3x – y = 1 and 1/4x – y = 1
12. -1/2x – y = 4 and 2x – y = 1
Directions; Write a system of equation for each of the descriptions below, and then solve the systems. Hint: you can graph the equations to find the solutions.
13. A number is 7 more than another number. The sum of the numbers is 15. Find the numbers.
14. One number is two times the other, and their sum is 27. What are the numbers?
15. Thirteen is the sum of two numbers and their difference is equal to five. Find the numbers
16. Three times one number is equal to two times the larger one and their difference is 1. What are the numbers?
17. Joseph has 30 coins and they are all either dimes or nickels. The total $2.15. How many dimes does he have?
18. A golfer completed 18 holes with a total of 79 strokes. On each hole he met par, which was either four or five each time. How many holes were played in four strokes?
19. There are two numbers. The difference between them equals six, and one of the numbers is three times the other number. There are two pairs of numbers that satisfy these descriptions, What are they?
20. There is a number that is three-fifths the total of the other number. When four is added to one of the numbers their sum will be equal to the other number. There are two pairs of numbers that satisfy these descriptions. What are they?
NOTE: please make the hand write readable and make sure the questions are answered correctly .
- Expert Answer