Question: Explain the benefits of logical logging Give examples of one
Explain the benefits of logical logging. Give examples of one situation where logical logging is preferable to physical logging and one situation where physical logging is preferable to logical logging.
Answer to relevant QuestionsExplain the reasons why recovery of interactive transactions is more difficult to deal with than is recovery of batch transactions. Is there a simple way to deal with this difficulty? Why is it relatively easy to port a database from a single processor machine to a multiprocessor machine if individual queries need not be parallelized?Suppose a transaction is written in C with embedded SQL, and about 80 percent of the time is spent in the SQL code, with the remaining 20 percent spent in C code. How much speedup can one hope to attain if parallelism is ...Explain the notions of transparency and autonomy. Why are these notions desirable from a human-factors standpoint?Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the two methods that we presented in Section 19.5.2 for generating globally unique timestamps.
Post your question