The projected cost of a lamp is calculated based upon the projected increases or decreases to current costs. The present costs to manufacture one lamp are:
Lamp Kit: $16.0000000 per lamp
Direct Labor: 2.0000000 per lamp (4 lamps/hr.)
Variable Overhead: 2.0000000 per lamp
Fixed Overhead: 10.0000000 per lamp (based on normal capacity of 25,000 lamps)
Cost per lamp: $30.0000000 per lamp
Expected increases for 20x2
When calculating projected increases round to TWO ($0.00) decimal places.
1. Material Costs are expected to increase by 5.50%.
2. Labor Costs are expected to increase by 2.50%.
3. Variable Overhead is expected to increase by 6.50%.
4. Fixed Overhead is expected to increase to $290,000.
5. Fixed Administrative expenses are expected to increase to $56,000.
6. Variable selling expenses (measured on a per lamp basis) are expected to increase by 4.50%.
7. Fixed selling expenses are expected to be $37,000 in 20x2.
8. Variable administrative expenses (measured a per lamp basis) are expected to increase by 5.00%.
On the following schedule develop the following figures:
a- 20x2 Projected Variable Manufacturing Unit Cost of a lamp.
b- 20x2 Projected Variable Unit Cost per lamp.
c- 20x2 Projected Fixed Costs.