Widden Company which sells electric razors had 400 000 of cost
Widden Company, which sells electric razors, had $400,000 of cost of goods sold during the month of June. The company projects a 5 percent increase in cost of goods sold during July. The inventory balance as of June 30 is $30,000, and the desired ending inventory balance for July is $32,000. Widden pays cash to settle 70 percent of its purchases on account during the month of purchase and pays the remaining 30 percent in the month following the purchase. The accounts payable balance as of June 30 was $36,000.

Required
a. Determine the amount of purchases budgeted for July.
b. Determine the amount of cash payments budgeted for inventory purchases in July.

Membership TRY NOW
  • Access to 800,000+ Textbook Solutions
  • Ask any question from 24/7 available
    Tutors
  • Live Video Consultation with Tutors
  • 50,000+ Answers by Tutors
OR
Relevant Tutors available to help