East Alabama Medical Center uses nonfinancial performance measures to track the following objectives:
• Maintain and improve the quality of clinical services.
• Improve patient service.
• Enhance employee recruitment and retention.
a. Link each of these objectives to one of the four balanced scorecard perspectives.
b. Identify where on a balanced scorecard you would most likely find the following metrics:
• Patient satisfaction score
• Number of medication errors
• Nursing turnover rate
• Readmission rate
• Number of new hires
• Emergency room wait time before treatment
• Nurse-to-patient ratio
• Likelihood of patient recommending the hospital
• Number of patient complaints
• Employee satisfaction with incentive systems