1. The future value of a simple-interest investment of P dollars at an annual interest rate r...
1. The future value of a simple-interest investment of P dollars at an annual interest rate r for t years is given by the expression P + Prt. Factor this expression?
2. When medicine is administered, the reaction (measured in change of blood pressure or temperature) can be modeled by (that is, described by)
where c is a positive constant and m is the amount of medicine absorbed into the blood.* Factor the expression for the reaction.
3. From the formula for reaction to medication given in Problem 60, an expression for sensitivity S can be obtained, where
S = cm - m2
Factor this expression for sensitivity?
4. Squares of side x are cut from four corners of an 8-by-8-inch piece of cardboard and an open-top box is formed (see Figure 0.10). The volume of the box `is given by 64x - 32x2 + 4x3. Factor this expression.
Future value (FV) is the value of a current asset at a future date based on an assumed rate of growth. The future value (FV) is important to investors and financial planners as they use it to estimate how much an investment made today will be worth...
Step by Step Answer: