1. The graph of a polynomial function is ________, which means that the graph has no breaks, holes, or gaps....
holes, or gaps.
2. The ________ ________ ________ is used to determine the left-hand and right-hand behavior of the graph of a polynomial function.
3. A polynomial function of degree n has at most ________ real zeros and at most ________ turning points.
4. When x = a is a zero of a polynomial function f, the three statements below are true.
(a) x = a is a ________ of the polynomial equation f (x) = 0.
(b) ________ is a factor of the polynomial f (x).
(c) (a, 0) is an ________ of the graph of f.
5. When a real zero x = a of a polynomial function f is of even multiplicity, the graph of f ________ the x-axis at x = a, and when it is of odd multiplicity, the graph of f ________ the x-axis at x = a.
6. A factor (x − a)k, k > 1, yields a ________ ________ x = a of ________ k.
7. A polynomial function is written in ________ form when its terms are written in descending order of exponents from left to right.
8. The ________ ________ Theorem states that if f is a polynomial function such that f (a) f (b), then, in the interval [a, b], f takes on every value between f (a) and f (b).
This problem has been solved!
Do you need an answer to a question different from the above? Ask your question!
Step by Step Answer:
Create a free account to access the answer
Cannot find your solution?
Post a FREE question now and get an answer within minutes. * Average response time.
Question Posted: February 14, 2018 02:22:33