1. What are the major issues in the Liebeck case and in the following incidents? 2. What...
2. What are McDonald’s social (economic, legal, and ethical) responsibilities toward consumers in the Liebeck case and the other cases? What are consumers’ responsibilities when they buy a product such as hot coffee or hot hamburgers? How does a company give consumers what they want and yet protect them at the same time?
3. What are the arguments supporting Mc- Donald’s position in the Liebeck case? What are the arguments supporting Liebeck’s position?
4. If you had been a juror in the Liebeck case, which position would you most likely have supported? Why? What if you had been a juror in the pickle burn case?
5. What are the similarities and differences between the coffee burn cases and the pickle burn case? Does one represent a more serious threat to consumer harm? What should McDonald’s, and other fast food restaurants, do about hot food, such as hamburgers?
6. What is your assessment of the “Stella Awards?” Is this making light of a too-serious problem?
7. What are the implications of these cases for future product-related lawsuits? Do we now live in a society where businesses are responsible for customers’ accidents or carelessness in using products?
This case is about the most famous consumer lawsuit in the world. Everyone knows about this case, and the details involved in it are presented and debated in many different venues—classrooms, websites, blogs, law schools, and business schools. Regardless, it serves as one of the best platforms in the world for discussing what companies owe their consumer stakeholders and what responsibilities consumers have for their own well-being.
A person, group or organization that has interest or concern in an organization. Stakeholders can affect or be affected by the organization's actions, objectives and policies. Some examples of key stakeholders are creditors, directors, employees,...
Fantastic news! We've Found the answer you've been seeking!
Step by Step Answer:
Related Book For