1. You and a friend agree to meet at your favorite restaurant between 5:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. The one...
1. You and a friend agree to meet at your favorite restaurant between 5:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. The one who arrives first will wait 15 minutes for the other, and then will leave (see figure). What is the probability that the two of you will actually meet, assuming that your arrival times are random within the hour?
2. You drop a coin of diameter d onto a paper that contains a grid of squares d units on a side (see figure).
(a) Find the probability that the coin covers a vertex of one of the squares on the grid.
(b) Perform the experiment 100 times and use the results to approximate Ï.
Transcribed Image Text:
60 O You meet You meet 45 O You do not meet 30 15 Yøur friend árrves first 15 30 45 Your arrival time (in minutes past 5:00 P.M.) Your friend's arrival time (in minutes past 5:00 P.M.) Yod arrive first
A computation fanatic who admires the magic and miracles of science in the near vicinity from the spring time of life. On a search for higher education, spotted out mechanical engg, a study with detailed experiments and calculations, and geared it with some innovative and social projects.
Once after the academics, have experienced as a professional Mechanical Engineer in a fortune 500 FMCG organization for 1+ years under Projects and Plant Engineering Department.
Achievements in an FMCG Industry:
· Mastered on a Civil & Structural project worth INR 3 million and assisted on a major Civil & Machinery project worth INR 350 million
· Selected and trained on New Product Development (NPD) Activities at corporate head office, Gurgaon
· Introduced & Made technical comparison for more than 30 Capex Purchase Orders worth INR 9 million
· Developed In-house canteen facilities in the aspect of civil, electrical and machineries
· Installed two Fall Arrest Systems, right from design till commissioning
· With precise calculation and analysis, increased the Inventory storage capacity of Engg Stores to 412% of existing
· Introduced a booklet with the details of all machineries in the plant
· Introduced creative solutions for problems faced in plant – which includes customized cattle grid, methods to reduce energy and water consumption.
Then, went up ahead and fulfilled the pedagogical dream by slicing the knowledge with the secondary kids in an innovative teaching methodology with an Educational NPO, that has involved in the process of inducing the Creativity and Innovation among the young minds through a Transformational Creativity Workshop, where students will be exposed to some handmade innovative projects, in the theme of Sustainable living, Green Energy, Advancement in technologies (Robotics, E-bike) and Solar Energy.
Have mentored more than 1200 students practically in the past 2 years.
My teaching methodology will be in an empirical way where students will be put on the shoes of the concepts and will be induced to come out with the solutions through brain storming. This methodology helps them to acquire the answers from their perspective which lasts for a long term than conventional problem solving techniques.
Also, Been as one of the two key players and organized a remarkable Dream Awareness Event – Ore Kana, by displaying the dream of more than 5000 participants in art form, to imprint the importance of dream among the students and public. (As a drive to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s vision – India 2020)
On the whole, I can brief myself as an an ardent learner and also an analytic analyzer who is passionate on building the educational system by exploring on different teaching techniques.