Aglife Genetics Ltd. of Lancashire spreads herbicides and applies liquid fertilizer for local farmers. On May 31, 2017, the company's
The bank statement from Lancashire Bank on that date showed the following balance.
Checks and Debits Lancaster Bank Deposits and Credits Daily Balance
A comparison of the details on the bank statement with the details in the Cash account revealed the following facts.
1. The statement included a debit memo of £35 for the printing of additional company checks.
2. Cash sales of £1,720 on May 12 were deposited in the bank. The cash receipts journal entry and the deposit slip were incorrectly made for £1,820. The bank credited Aglife Genetics for the correct amount.
3. Outstanding checks at May 31 totaled £1,425, and deposits in transit were £2,100.
4. On May 18, the company issued check no. 1181 for £1,102 to M. Datz on account. The check, which cleared the bank in May, was incorrectly journalized and posted by Aglife Genetics for £110.
5. A £4,000 note receivable was collected by the bank for Aglife Genetics on May 31 plus £100 interest. The bank charged a collection fee of £25. No interest has been accrued on the note.
6. Included with the cancelled checks was a check issued by River Lune Company to Carol Mertz for £900 that was incorrectly charged to Aglife Genetics by the bank.
7. On May 31, the bank statement showed an NSF charge of £2,012 for a check issued by Tyler Gricius, a customer, to Aglife Genetics on account.
(a) Prepare the bank reconciliation at May 31, 2017.
(b) Prepare the necessary adjusting entries for Aglife Genetics Ltd. at May 31, 2017.
This problem has been solved!
Step by Step Answer: