Indicate whether each of the following statements is true or false by writing T or F in the answer column.
1. Warranties are promises or statements made by manufacturers or sellers.
2. While the law dealing with warranties is intended to protect the general public, it often has the effect of limiting the seller’s obligations and responsibilities. 2. __________
3. Any warranty can be canceled if the seller claims that it is causing him or her to lose money. 3. __________
4. A specific oral promise made by a seller is an implied warranty. 4. __________
5. The Uniform Commercial Code clearly specifies requirements that manufacturers or sellers must follow in making disclaimers. 5. __________
6. Sales talk, or puffing, is considered a warranty. 6. __________
7. The implied warranty of merchantability means that all merchants warrant their goods to be of the highest quality. 7. __________
8. There is an implied warranty of title with the sale of merchandise that means the seller actually owns the goods. 8. __________
9. Custom of the marketplace can be applied by a court when a warranty is vague and indefinite. 9. __________
10. The sale of food involves the implied warranty of merchantability. 10. __________
11. Promises and statements issued after the sale have no effect on the warranty of a product. 11. __________
12. A disclaimer of a warranty of fitness for a particular purpose is effective if it includes expressions such as “as is” or “with all faults.” 12. __________
13. The parol evidence rule allows a court to consider oral statements of warranties, even if these are inconsistent with the written express warranties. 13. __________
14. An implied warranty of fitness may exist even if the buyer does not make his or her intended use of the merchandise known to the seller. 14. __________
15. While there are express warranties that relate to quality, there are no implied warranties relating to such. 15. __________
This problem has been solved!
Do you need an answer to a question different from the above? Ask your question!
Step by Step Answer:
Create a free account to access the answer
Cannot find your solution?
Post a FREE question now and get an answer within minutes. * Average response time.
Question Posted: October 01, 2015 03:14:51