Laura Leasing SA signs an agreement on January 1, 2022, to lease equipment to Plote AG. The following information relates
Laura Leasing SA signs an agreement on January 1, 2022, to lease equipment to Plote AG. The following information relates to this agreement.
1. The term of the non-cancelable lease is 3 years with no renewal option. The equipment has an estimated economic life of 5 years.
2. The fair value of the asset at January 1, 2022, is €80,000.
3. The asset will revert to the lessor at the end of the lease term, at which time the asset is expected to have a residual value of €7,000, none of which is guaranteed.
4. The agreement requires equal annual rental payments of €25,562.96 to the lessor, beginning on January 1, 2022.
5. The lessee’s incremental borrowing rate is 5%. The lessor’s implicit rate is 4% and is unknown to the lessee.
6. Plote uses the straight-line depreciation method for all equipment.
a. Prepare an amortization schedule that would be suitable for the lessee for the lease term.
b. Prepare all of the journal entries for the lessee for 2022 and 2023 to record the lease agreement, the lease payments, and all expenses related to this lease. Assume the lessee’s annual accounting period ends on December 31, and the lessee prepares reversing entries.
This problem has been solved!
Step by Step Answer: