The database Airfare s.xlsx*** contains information on the airfare on 638 routes in the United States. In addition, it contains
The database Airfare s.xlsx*** contains information on the airfare on 638 routes in the United States. In addition, it contains data on the length of the route, the average income in the starting and ending cities, whether Southwest Airlines flies on the route, and other variables. The goal is to create a Multiple Linear Regression model which predicts the airfare along a given route.
In each of the following exercises, the goal is to develop a classification or prediction model for the given situation and data. Follow these steps:
1. Examine the data descriptions and explore the data.
2. Clean the data as needed.
3. Transform the data as needed (e.g., create dummy variables for categorical variables).
4. Partition the data.
5. Run the specified algorithm.
6. Interpret the results and choose the best model (e.g., choose the best k in the k-Nearest Neighbor method).
This problem has been solved!
Step by Step Answer: