1. According to the assigned article, health disparity and structural violence: how fear undermines health among immigrants...
1. According to the assigned article, "health disparity and structural violence: how fear undermines health among immigrants at risk for diabetes," narratives tell the story of the interconnectedness between fear and health. Thematically, the issue of fear is a dominant feature that affects how an individual approaches day-to-day living and health. Explain the relationship between fear and health identified by the researchers in the article. Do you agree that structural violence perpetuates health disparity?
2. Diversity among individuals, as well as cultures, provides a challenge for nurses when it comes to delivering meaningful health promotion and illness prevention-based education. How do teaching principles, varied learning styles (for both nurses and patients), and teaching methodologies impact the approach to education? How do health care providers overcome differing points of view regarding health promotion and disease prevention?
3. Analyze the health status of a specific minority group. select a minority group that is represented in the united states (examples include: american indian/alaskan native, asian american, black or african american, hispanic or latino, native hawaiian, or pacific islander.) Consider the cultural, socioeconomic, and sociopolitical barriers to health. How do race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and education influence health for the minority group you have selected?
1. What is the current health status of this minority group?
2. How is health promotion defined by the group?
3. What health disparities exist for this group?
Describe at least one approach using the three levels of health promotion prevention (primary, secondary, and tertiary) that is likely to be the most effective given the unique needs of the minority group you have selected. Provide an explanation of why it might be the most effective choice. You will find important health information regarding minority groups by exploring the following centers for disease control and prevention (cdc)