In a hash table array of size 5, where the hash function is f(n)=n%5, if the hash table
array is used to store integer keys, will key 3 and key 8 to be put into the same slot in the array? If
yes, then how to solve this situation?
2. (2pts) Suppose we have a hash table array of size 7, where the hash function is f(n) = n%7, and if
the hash table array is used to store integer keys and uses linear probing to solve conflict. Which of
the following diagrams shows the state of the hash table array after the following keys have been
inserted: 3, 10, 18, 17, 4, 2
10 18 17
47 4 2
3. (2pts) How do you use Java HashMap class to define an object that maps integers to strings?
Please list the entire declaration statement.
4. (2pts) Suppose we have a Java HashMap object x that maps integers to strings. How do you add
a hash map item (integer value 212, string value "Data Structure") to the object x? Please list the
entire statement. 5. (2pts) Which method of Java HashMap will you use to replace a value of an existing key?
6. (2pts) Which method of Java HashMap will you use to remove a pair of hash map item
7. (2pts) Follow-up question, before you remove a pair of item, do you need to make sure the item
exists in the hash map? What method you can use to make sure it exists?
Answer rating: 100% (QA)
1 In Java HashMap if two keys have the same hash code they will be stored in the same slot in the unView the full answer