A small library has an inventory of novels. It consists of the name of authors and the number of novels
A small library has an inventory of novels. It consists of the name of authors and the number of novels they published.
You have the following data that you will copy in a file called: authors.csv.
First name|| last name || number of novels
Jane Austen 6
Charles dickens 20
Ernest hemingway 9
Cover the following requirements(see example below):
- (2 points) use a menu to quit the program. If your option is not correct then the program displays the menu again
- (2 point)- program should not crash if user types something else
- (2 points)-read the *.csv file
- (2 points) check if the number of novels is an integer- if not the program skips the line in the file with the error
- (3 points) find total of books in the library
- (2 points) display authors by sorted by first name
- (2 points) display authors by sorted number of novels published
- (3 points) display authors' number of novels using a histogram, that is a * for each novel published.
Jane Austen ******
Charles dickens ****************
Ernest hemingway *********
- (3 points) ask for first letters of full first name and find the author(s). Hint: s.startsWith(s2)
- (3 points) use OO ( a class called Author - see suggested code below)
Submit program(total: 6 points):
- program structure. Use functions. Do not repeat code!
- first line of your program: [yourInitials]final.java and your full name
- correct submission in canvas
- program runs