How would one do the following in excel? PROJECT STEPS Donnie Cruz is a finance assistant for Oval Lake Hospital
How would one do the following in excel?
- Donnie Cruz is a finance assistant for Oval Lake Hospital in south Florida. His current project is to format departmental data for the years 2021-2023 to make it easier to analyze.
Switch to the Cancer Center worksheet. Unfreeze the top row of the worksheet.
- Sort the data in the CancerCenter table first in ascending order by the Admission field and then in ascending order by the Service field.
- Insert a Total Row in the CancerCenter table, and then use the Total row to calculate the total of the values in the 2021, 2022, and 2023 fields.
- The administrator overseeing the cancer center is considering mandating that all inpatient service names be different from outpatient service names and wants to see which duplicate names are currently in use. Apply a conditional formatting rule to the range C4:C11 that uses Light Red Fill with Dark Red Text for duplicate values.
- Switch to the Cardiac Care worksheet. Freeze the first column of the worksheet.
- Format the range A3:F10 as an Excel table with headers using the Gold, Table Style Medium 5 table style. Enter CardiacCare as the name of the table.
- Donnie notices that the CardiacCare table is missing a record. Add the record shown in Table 1 to the end of the CardiacCare table.
Table 1: Data for the Range A11:F11
The Maternity department has more admission criteria than other major divisions of the hospital. Donnie wants to summarize Maternity admissions data using subtotals to show
- the relationships between admission type and number of patients. Switch to the Maternity worksheet and complete the following steps:
- Sort the table by the Admission field in ascending order.
- Convert the table to a normal range.
- Insert subtotals into the range A3:F13, with the subtotals appearing at each change in the Admission column value. The subtotals should use the SUM function and include subtotals for 2021, 2022, and 2023 fields.
- Switch to the Psychiatric worksheet and remove the duplicate record based on the values in the Admission and Service columns.
- The data bars in the last three columns make some of the numbers hard to read. Change the Data Bars' conditional formatting for the range D4:F12 to use the Solid Fill Green Data Bar format.
- Donnie wants to calculate the total admissions for the hospital for each year. Switch to the All Departments worksheet, then create the following formulas:
- In the cell, D40 uses the SUM function with a structured reference to total the values in the 2021 column of the AllDepartments table.
- In the cell, E40 uses the SUM function with a structured reference to total the values in the 2022 column of the AllDepartments table.
- In the cell, F40 uses the SUM function with a structured reference to total the values in the 2023 column of the AllDepartments table.
- Donnie wants to prepare the AllDepartments table for 2024 data when it becomes available.
Add a table column to the end of the table.