The Important Role Services Play in an Economy 1. How would you define a service? 2. Discuss
The Important Role Services Play in an Economy
1. How would you define a service?
2. Discuss why is it difficult to define a service? What is meant by the term facilitating
good service management?
3. What are the characteristics of a preindustrial society?
4. What are the characteristics of an industrial society?
5. What are the characteristics of a post-industrial society?
6. Why do service economies necessarily follow industrial economies?
7. "There are no such things as service industries...only industries whose service
components are greater or less than those of other industries." Explain this statement. Do you agree or disagree?
Case Study - The Customers' Revenge
Read the article published by Harvard Business Review, the link to the article is here.
Please answer the below questions.
Describe how Jim McIntre's background and his planned efforts have improved Atida's business and services.
How would you characterise Jim's reactions and thoughts to Jessica and Tom's emails to his colleagues? Is it justified?
Detail how Tom Farmer suggests Atida Motors improve their service experience.
What are the distributive, procedural and interactional violations Nate Bennett claims have occurred at Atida?
Upon reviewing the case study, how can Atida Motors', in your opinion, improve their service experience by reducing and handling complaints.