An assembler of computer routers and modems uses parts from two sources.

An assembler of computer routers and modems uses parts from two sources. Company A supplies 80% of the parts and company B supplies the remaining 20% of the parts. From past experience, the assembler knows that 5% of the parts supplied by company A are defective and 3% of the parts supplied by company B are defective. An assembled modem selected at random is found to have a defective part. Which of the two companies is more likely to have supplied the defective part?

Members

  • Access to 2 Million+ Textbook solutions
  • Ask any question from 24/7 available
    Tutors
$9.99
VIEW SOLUTION

OR

Non-Members

Get help from Engineering Tutors
Ask questions directly from Qualified Online Engineering Tutors .
Best for online homework assistance.