Construction Fund. During FY 2011, the voters of the Town of Dex approved constructing and equipping a recreation center to
1. Preliminary planning and engineering expenses in the amount of $60,000 were incurred. No money was immediately available for paying these costs (credit Vouchers Payable).
2. A contract was let under competitive bids for a major segment of the construction project in the amount of $2,500,000.
3. An invoice for $1,600,000 was received from a contractor for a portion of work that had been completed under the general contract.
4. The bond issue was sold at par plus accrued interest of $25,000 (the accrued interest was deposited in the fund that will service the bonded debt).
5. The contractor’s bill, less a 4 percent retention, was vouchered for payment.
6. All vouchers payable, except $1,300 (about which there was some controversy), were paid.
7. Fiscal year-end closing entries were prepared.
a. Prepare journal entries to record the preceding information in the Town of Dex Recreation Center Construction Fund and the governmental activities general journal at the government-wide level.
b. Prepare a Town of Dex Recreation Center Construction Fund balance sheet for the year ended December 31, 2011.
c. Prepare a Recreation Center Construction Fund statement of revenues, expenditures, and changes in fund balance for the year ended December 31, 2011.
d. How would these capital expenditures for the recreation center appear on the Town of Dex’s government-wide statements of net assets and activities?
Balance sheet is a statement of the financial position of a business that list all the assets, liabilities, and owner’s equity and shareholder’s equity at a particular point of time. A balance sheet is also called as a “statement of financial...
This problem has been solved!
Do you need an answer to a question different from the above? Ask your question!
Step by Step Answer:
Related Book For
Chapter # 5
Section: EXERCISES AND PROBLEMS
Create a free account to access the answer
Cannot find your solution?
Post a FREE question now and get an answer within minutes. * Average response time.
Question Posted: December 03, 2011 10:14:23