In Chapter 2 , on page 98 , we learned that Lee Management Consulting had paid $1,000
1. Calculate the amount of amortization for each asset for the month ended July 31, 2016, under the straight-line and double-declining-balance methods in order to figure out what method is being used for the journal entries. Round only the total amounts to the nearest dollar.
2. Which method results in the highest expense?
3. Is the method that results in the highest expense used? What reason would Michael Lee use to justify the choice of method?
4. Journalize the entry to record the amortization expense to July 31, 2016, using the double-declining-balance method results. Use a compound entry.
5. If in December it was learned that the furniture's estimated useful life is really not correct and it should actually last an additional six years from now, what would the December 31, 2016 journal entry look like? Assume all amortization was recorded up to November 30. Round only the journal entry to the nearest dollar.
Fantastic news! We've located the answer you've been seeking!
Step by Step Answer: