In the audit of the Worldwide Wholesale Company, you did extensive ratio and trend analysis. No material
1. Commission expense as a percent of sales has stayed constant for several years but has increased significantly in the current year. Commission rates have not changed.
2. The rate of inventory turnover has steadily decreased for 4 years.
3. Inventory as a percent of current assets has steadily increased for 4 years.
4. The number of days' sales in accounts receivable has steadily increased for 3 years.
5. Allowance for uncollectible accounts as a percent of accounts receivable has steadily decreased for 3 years.
6. The absolute amounts of depreciation expense and depreciation expense as a percent of gross fixed assets are significantly smaller than in the preceding year.
a. Evaluate the potential significance of each of the exceptions just listed for the fair presentation of financial statements.
b. State the follow-up procedures you would use to determine the possibility of material misstatements.
Accounts receivables are debts owed to your company, usually from sales on credit. Accounts receivable is business asset, the sum of the money owed to you by customers who haven’t paid.The standard procedure in business-to-business sales is that...
Fantastic news! We've Found the answer you've been seeking!
Step by Step Answer:
Related Book For