Jefferson County Airport handles several daily commuter flights and many private flights. The county budget officer has compiled the following
1. Draw a scatter diagram of the airport costs shown above.
2. Build a spreadsheet: Construct an Excel spreadsheet and use the Excel commands to perform a least-squares regression. Estimate the variable- and fixed-cost components in the airports cost behavior pattern.
3. Write the least-squares regression equation for the airports costs.
4. Predict the airports costs during a month when 1,500 flights originate at the airport.
5. Using the Excel spreadsheet prepared for requirement (2), compute the coefficient of determination (R2) for the regression equation. Briefly interpretR2.
This problem has been solved!
Step by Step Answer: