Northwest Sales had the following transactions in 2016: 1. The business was started when it acquired $200,000 cash from the
1. The business was started when it acquired $200,000 cash from the issue of common stock.
2. Northwest purchased $900,000 of merchandise for cash in 2016.
3. During the year, the company sold merchandise for $1,200,000. The merchandise cost $710,000. Sales were made under the following terms:
a. $520,000 Cash sales
b. 380,000 Credit card sales
c. 300,000 Sales on account
4. The company collected all the amount receivable from the credit card company.
5. The company collected $210,000 of accounts receivable.
6. The company paid $190,000 cash for selling and administrative expenses.
7. Determined that 5 percent of the ending accounts receivable balance would be uncollectible.
a. Show the effects of each of the transactions on the elements of the financial statements, using a horizontal statements model like the one shown here. Use + for increase, - for decrease, and NA for not affected. The first transaction is entered as an example.
b. Prepare general journal entries for each of the transactions and post them to T-accounts.
c. Prepare an income statement, statement of changes in stockholders equity, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows for 2016.
Accounts receivables are debts owed to your company, usually from sales on credit. Accounts receivable is business asset, the sum of the money owed to you by customers who haven’t paid.The standard procedure in business-to-business sales is that...
This problem has been solved!
Do you need an answer to a question different from the above? Ask your question!
Step by Step Answer:
Create a free account to access the answer
Cannot find your solution?
Post a FREE question now and get an answer within minutes. * Average response time.
Question Posted: April 20, 2015 07:25:21