Take a research issue you are currently tackling in your doctoral studies; or if you don't have
Take a research issue you are currently tackling in your doctoral studies; or if you don't have one, then make one related to a research or industry problem of interest. An example in the healthcare economics space could be exploring the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on the textile industry in China, relative to the reported impact of the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic.
For this week's assignment, you must make a MySQL database to capture the fields (variables of interest) needed to analyze and report on your topic. You will need at least three tables with 3 to 5 fields in each table.
Using MySQL Workbench, perform the following tasks:
- Make a new schema named mydatabase (leave Default Charset and Default Collation as is).
- Make at least three tables for your database with the appropriate attributes (fields) to meet the needs of the selected topic.
- No two tables should contain duplicate fields that would essentially capture the same data unless the field is a primary or foreign key field (i.e., a unique identifier used to link two tables together, such a customer ID, or social security number).
- Use a variety of data types for your fields, with at least one string type, one numeric type, and one date/time type.
- Put at least 3 rows of sample data into each table.
- Generate a diagram of your database by going to Database à Reverse Engineer (leave default settings). Select Continue, then select the mydatabase schema, then execute. Then, save the diagram as mydatabase.mwb and take a screenshot of the entire schema diagram.
- Paste the screenshot of your schema into a new Word document.
- Screenshots for these steps