The following information was drawn from the 2016 accounting records of Ozark Merchandisers: 1. Inventory that had cost $21,200 was
1. Inventory that had cost $21,200 was sold for $39,900 under terms 2/20, net/30.
2. Customers returned merchandise to Ozark five days after the purchase. The merchandise had been sold for a price of $1,520. The merchandise had cost Ozark $920.
3. All customers paid their accounts within the discount period.
4. Selling and administrative expenses amounted to $4,200.
5. Interest expense paid amounted to $360.
6. Land that had cost $8,000 was sold for $9,250 cash.
a. Determine the amount of net sales.
b. Prepare a multistep income statement.
c. Where would the interest expense be shown on the statement of cash flows?
d. How would the sale of the land be shown on the statement of cash flows?
e. Explain the difference between a gain and revenue.
This problem has been solved!
Do you need an answer to a question different from the above? Ask your question!
Step by Step Answer:
Create a free account to access the answer
Cannot find your solution?
Post a FREE question now and get an answer within minutes. * Average response time.
Question Posted: April 20, 2015 07:13:16