Long and Short are in partnership, sharing profits and losses in the ratio 3 : 2. Their abridged statement of
Long and Short are in partnership, sharing profits and losses in the ratio 3 : 2. Their abridged statement of financial position as at 30 September 20x4 was: (Ignore VAT.)
They did not keep proper accounting records, but you discovered that:
1. R6 800 had been paid on the loan. This amount included interest at a rate of 12% per annum.
2. Accounts payable at 31 March 20x5 totalled R16 000, inventory R140 000, and accounts receivable R20 000.
3. R2 000 had been spent on furniture during the six months and it is desired to write off R500 for depreciation.
4. Land and buildings have had no additions and are not depreciated.
5. The bank statement showed an overdraft of R1 000, but there were outstanding cheques totalling R600, and outstanding deposits of R900.
6. An allowance for bad debts of R1 500 is considered adequate at 31 March 20x5.
7. Long had drawn R10 000 and Short R8 000 during the six months.
8. They are entitled to interest at the rate of 10% per annum on capital.
You are required to:
Prepare a statement of financial position, in T-form, for Long and Short at 31 March 20x5.
This problem has been solved!
Step by Step Answer: