Below you see the bill of materials and on the back of this sheet are the MRP plans for items
Below you see the bill of materials and on the back of this sheet are the MRP plans for items A, D, B, and C. Please answer the following questions:
1. Each unit of A requires how many units of B?
2. Each unit of A requires how many units of C?
3. What is the total lead time to produce item A? (including ordering all parts, making all subassemblies, and assembling A)
4. In period 4, the gross requirement for item C is 700 units.What action created that demand for 700 units of C?
5. What action(s), if any, should be taken right now? (“Right now” is period 1.)
6. If item C were ordered L4L instead of in lot sizes of 1500, what changes, if any, would you make in the planned order releases for C?
7. The customer originally ordered 250 units of item A (lead time = 2 weeks) to be delivered in period 8. If the customer changes the order to 350 units of A, what changes, if any, should be made to the gross requirements for item C for the periods 1 through 8?
8. The customer also wants the order delivered earlier. Howearly, if at all, can the order of 350 units be delivered?
This problem has been solved!
Step by Step Answer: