Select two (2) specific elements in the documentary or photo series that are sources of inspiration to you and are
Select two (2) specific elements in the documentary or photo series that are sources of inspiration to you and are related to gender and/or sexuality.
• They could be an image, a statement, or a situation that is represented Think about how and why the two (2) selections are a source of inspiration to you:
• Do they challenge you? Surprise you? Do you recognize something familiar in them? Have they changed your belief or understanding about something?
• Are they in a style that is important to you?
• Are they about a theme that is important to you?
• Are there techniques used to make them that are interesting to you? You may want to make some notes about how and why the two (2) selections are a source of inspiration. This is something you'll be asked to explore in the Creative Project and the Written Reflection.
Step 2: Creation Use the two (2) selections as a source of inspiration for your own creative project.
• Your creative project should explore and express why and how the two (2) selections inspire you.
• Your creative project should be in one (1) of the following media: o A painting o A drawing o Mixed media/collage o Short story or section from a memoir (2-3 pages, double-spaced) o Two poems o A recorded or written song *If you would like to work in a medium not listed here, please speak to the Professor.
• The content for this Creative Project must be appropriate for sharing with a public audience in an academic environment. For this project, the Professor is the audience.
• The content for the Creative Project must follow the guidelines of the Student Code of Conduct. If you have questions about this, please contact the Professor. Your Creative Project will be evaluated for:
• Demonstrated exploration of how and why the two (2) specific images, statements, or situations you have chosen are sources of inspiration to you.
Step 3: Written Reflection The written reflection is an opportunity for you to discuss your creative process and the choices you made as you created your project. Include the following:
• Identify the two (2) selections that are sources of inspiration to you.
• For identification, include the title and/or a reproduction if you have selected an image, the quotation if you have selected a statement, or a description if you have selected a situation.
• Cite the two (2) selections with in-text citations and include the source on a Works Cited page in correct MLA format. Consult the Using Sources in Assignments guide for help with this.
• Explain how the two (2) selections are related to gender and/or sexuality.
• Explain how and why the two (2) selections inspire you.
• Discuss how your Creative Project responds to the two (2) selections as sources of inspiration.
• Discuss your creative process.
• Use complete sentences, correct grammar, spelling, and vocabulary