You work for a large financial institution that in the past ten years has developed new products
You work for a large financial institution that in the past ten years has developed new products and services that appeal to a very diverse customer base located throughout the world. You have been asked by your CEO to lead an effort to discuss the importance of having a diverse workforce that can effectively serve your organization's customer base.
Based on the scenario, complete two of the following tasks:
- Assess four main points you plan to make about the values undergirding having a diverse workforce.
- Evaluate the advantages of having a diverse workforce. Discuss at least four advantages.
- Analyze the possible conflicts that could arise due to a diverse workforce and some of the ways to overcome them. Mention at least three conflicts and three (total) strategies to overcome them.
- Propose how a common standard of work-related behavior in a diverse workforce can be developed. For example, do the leaders need cross-cultural training? Discuss at least three strategies or tactics.
- Compare some of the nonverbal communication methods that differ between the US workforce and other countries. Support your answer with examples. Discuss at least three items.