Listed below are a number of terms that relate to just-in-time, total quality management, process re-engineering and
Listed below are a number of terms that relate to just-in-time, total quality management, process re-engineering and theory of constraints:
Choose the term or terms above that most appropriately complete the following statements:
1. To successfully operate a JIT system, a company must learn to rely on a few suppliers who are willing to make _____ deliveries.
2. _____ is an incremental approach to improvement, whereas _____ tends to be a much more radical approach that involves completely redesigning business processes.
3. A production system in which units are produced and materials are purchased only as needed to meet actual customer demand is called _____.
4. In JIT, the flow of goods is controlled by what is described as a _____ approach to manufacturing.
5. Increasing the rate of a _____ as the result of an improvement effort is unlikely to have much effect on profits.
6. _____ involves studying the business processes of companies that are considered among the best in the world at performing a particular task.
7. The activities involved in getting equipment ready to produce a different product are called a _____.
8. The theory of constraints suggests that improvement efforts should be focused on the company’s _____.
9. The _____ is a systematic, fact-based approach to continuous improvement that resembles the scientific method.
10. In process re-engineering, two objectives are to simplify and to eliminate _____.
11. A _____ is any series of steps that are followed in order to carry out some task in a business.
Step by Step Answer: